February 21, 2010

Sports And The City: Bangalore

I'm sitting at NASA, "Bangalore's Hi-Tech Beer Club," watching test cricket between India and Australia. It's happy hour; my beer costs less than $1. I'm eating fiery chicken tikka. "Every step you take" by Sting is playing through the bar's speakers. You thought I was kidding about the tacky music, didn't you? Anyway, if I resided in Bangalore, this is what Sports And The City would be like. Sehwag and Karthik are batting for India. Subcontinent, represent!!1

I won't be able to watch tonight's game between Canada and the USA. Internet cafe owners have flashed me ridiculous looks when I ask if they'll be open at 6 AM. More ridiculous than the looks I already get.

But it's all good. I'm not exactly concerned over the outcome. Gold!!1

I'm working my way south (giggity), and am off to Ooty, tomorrow it seems.

Cheers, from NASA.

2 comments:

William J. Tasker said...

I can't even imagine doing what you are doing. Appreciate it all, my friend.

looshV said...

Overs!!1 We could have used a few of those tonight but oh well, you know how we do; rough and tumble.

Luongo!!1

and

GOLD!!1