October 08, 2010
Because, let's be honest, if every Toronto Maple Leafs game can be whittled down to six minutes, it can surely be pared down to six sentences. Probably four. But let's go with six.
1. Before the game, during player introductions, Tomas Kaberle was given the loudest ovation, redeeming my faith in Leafs fans.
2. I kid you not: The Maple Leafs were three-for-three on the penalty kill.
3. The Maple Leafs were zero-for-five on the power play
4. Who cares? Ron Wilson's troops are the best -- the best, 100%! -- at killing penalties in the NHL.
5. All Phil Kessel does is score goals.
6. So that's what it's like to have a goalie -- J.S. Giguere -- make massive saves in the late third period, while his team is leading, on home ice.
And, to commemorate opening night, a special seventh sentence. Here's to a new season:
7. Mike Zigomanis.
Okay, fine, let's make it eight sentences, just this once:
Image of Tim Brent -- who? -- courtesy of The Associated Press via daylife.