September 25, 2010

"BOWTISTA"


More proof that Toronto is indeed home to the finest women on the planet. And, yes, those ladies are card-carrying members of the Bautista Appreciation Society.

Fifty-one, and 52. What is there left to say? Hlja vzmnv qieourois lkfdjakf nghfyidt Jose Bautista lklkjadoue vcndml lkncxoue lkadnfnq iern Bautista. The man has officially left me speechless. Without speech, yo.

Sit back, and enjoy the show. With nine games left, that's all there is to do. And, like the ladies above, Bow to Bau.

Wait, there is someone who isn't mailing in posts, and who hasn't been left speechless by Jose Bautista. Read this, from The Southpaw. It's a brilliant example of how ridiculous it is that Bautista is not a part of the American League MVP discussion. I'll tell you this much: if Robinson Cano garners more AL MVP votes than Bautista ... shit, I don't know what I'll do. I need to think about it. I'll get back to you.

Image courtesy of -- who else, man? -- Reuters via daylife

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, do you think that a Lind/Encarnacion for David Wright trade is realistic?

Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf) said...

No. Encarnacion's a non-tender candidate and, more importantly, Lind has no defined position. Is he an outfielder or a first baseman? In the National League, that shit matters. I can't see it happening, not after the season Lind had.

Unknown said...

My only argument against Bautista for MVP that a player on a fourth place team shouldn't be considered for the award. But, I suppose, you can always ask people to "define value." But would the Jays still be in 4th if they didn't have a guy hitting 50+ home runs? Yes, they would be. Most valuable, not really. Most valuable on his team? For sure.

William J. Tasker said...

I just posted my BBA ballot and Bautista was my AL MVP ('cept we call it the Stan Musial Award).

Ian Hunter said...

Bow-chicka-tista!

Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf) said...

@ Brad: I respectfully disagree. Bautista can only do so much to try and get the Blue Jays higher in the standings. Baseball, while a team game, is an individual sport. Hamilton in Texas has missed a lot of time this season. The Rangers are clearly not a playoff team only because of him. If you take Cabrera out of Detroit, and Bautista out of Toronto, both those teams would be a lot, lot worse. That being said, I'm the guy who said he'd vote for Hamilton. It's a tough call. I don't think there's a wrong choice between Hamilton, Cabrera and Bautista. I just don't want Bautista to be overlooked simply on the fact he plays on a 4th-place ball club.

@ William: EXCELLENT CHOICE. And I really like the name, "The Stan Musial Award." Stan The Man was, by all accounts, one of the truly greats.

@ Ian: Well said, good sir.

metricjulie said...

Seriously, "Bowtista" is pure sex.