September 22, 2010

Following the script ...


It's all good. Ottawa usually wins -- in convincing fashion, no less -- the meaningless games between the Senators and Maple Leafs.

In the hopes of catching Jose Bautista's 50th bomb of the season, I chose the Toronto Blue Jays over the Leafs. A wise decision, if I do say so myself. I PVRed Leafs TV's Game In An Hour, though. I know, they've got Game In Six Minutes now, too, but that clearly isn't enough torture for me. I prefer a full 60. Anyway, I was fully aware Toronto had been spanked 5-0. Yet I still wasted an hour of my life watching the preseason highlights, if I can even bloody call them that. It's a disease, being a fan of this team. It truly is.

Two things are certain:

1. I never, ever again want to see Nick Foligno blow by Dion Phaneuf the way he did Tuesday night.

2. I'm going to have to buy one of those goddamned new Leafs jerseys. I hate you so much sometimes, MLSE.

And about the Maple Leafs being booed off the ice: those fans paid good money to be there, and had every right to do so. Oh, wait, that's right, they didn't spend a dime. Well done, Toronto. Well done.

7 comments:

general borschevsky said...

Great post. I was also at SkyDome last night. Too bad we didn't run into each other.

Loser Domi said...

Is it just me, or did the"coke zero" jerseys the ice crew (?) was wearing look like Senators jerseys?

Loser Domi said...

Also, I can't wait till I get my PLAYOFFS!!1 shirt.

Ace said...

someone ought to write a Fan Code of Conduct to 'splain to people how to behave and encourage their hometown heroes. and by someone, i mean you.

Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf) said...

@ General: I'll see you on Opening Night, hopefully, mate.

@ LD: They did look like the Sens 3rd jerseys. And I can't wait for you to get your t-shirt, either!!!1 Hopefully you get it before you go to Florida. You can wear it on the beach.

@ Ace: I would think it's pretty simple, no? Don't boo the home team. But maybe you're right, maybe we do need a Fan Code of Conduct. This is the same town that booed Larry Murphy out of town, and had an irrational hatred for Nik Antropov. I can't stand going to games and having one player get booed. Unless that player is Vesa Toskala. Then it's all good.

sarah said...

I had the most ridiculous day yesterday, but I too went home to Game In An Hour despite knowing the score. What is wrong with us? We have a problem. New jerseys are perfect, though.

Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf) said...

I'm glad I'm not the only moron out there, Sarah. But, yeah, those jerseys. The Leafs know the way into my wallet, that's for sure.