November 30, 2008

That's All She Wrote...

For the Toronto Buffalo Bills. After an embarrassing 10-3 loss to the God damn San Francisco 49ers, the Bills can kiss their once promising playoff hopes goodbye.


Seriously, the 49ers? The 3-8 49ers? At the frigid Ralph? You've got to be kidding me.

And what the hell is a 49er anyway?

All of a sudden the Bills are dead last in the AFC East. Yes, looking up in the standings at even the Miami Dolphins. It's pretty clear that another team that I lovingly and wholeheartedly support will not be going to the playoffs. Shocking. Absolutely shocking. I blame the universe. 

For the Bills, it's nine years and counting since they last played in the post-season. They're no Toronto Blue Jays (15 years, and counting), but they're well on their way.

I need a drink.

*UPDATE*   I've done my own homework. According to WikiAnswers (I always trust the internet): "The team (SF 49ers) was named after the age of the actual 49'ers, citizens of the USA who flocked out West in the years surrounding 1849 to prospect for gold. The transient homesteaders were often referred to as 49'ers and helped build the West. As they came and stayed, railroads were built, cities went up and the West became the new frontier."

Isn't that lovely?

As my buddy Mike just said, cue NBC's The More You Know star.

Oh yeah, the Bills. OK, they can still make the playoffs. Games against Miami, the Jets, and New England are still to be played. Buffalo controls its own destiny, in a sense. They must beat their divisional opponents.

The chances are remote. Especially if Trent Edwards isn't ready to go next week. But there's still a chance, and I thrive on hope. And the eventual disappointment.

I guess that makes me Eyebilleaf (as coined by my good friend Dani).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a 49ers fan, have been ever since I started watching the NFL. It hurts me to see my 49ers suck so much.

That's why it's even more sad that the Bills, a supposed playoff team, lost to the 49ers.

Seriously, you can't be a playoff team and lose the 49ers right now. If Edwards is hurt for long term the Bills are done. I'm sorry but J.P. "the ball is stuck to my hand" Losman ain't taking the Bills no where.

Anonymous said...

As with most kids who grow up watching the Bills on Global I have always had a bit of my heart rooting for them. It is sad to see them go from first to last and destroying a season that seemed so promising just a month and a bit ago.

Oh by the way, think about how I feel, my Rams are absolutely awful. Just disgusting how this organization fell from the top.

Even with my teams bottom feeding still gotta love the NFL.

On The Fence Sports

Chemmy said...

A 49er is someone who moved to California during the gold rush in 1849.

dani said...

WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE PLAYOFFS EYEBLEAF! THE PLAYOFFS! huuummmmm.

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://izucexic.1accesshost.com/ejufateg.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money