December 02, 2008

Getting The Girl...

We won. And I'm not talking about last night's Leafs game, although strong goaltending and solid penalty killing sure are a beautiful thing, aren't they? Swoon.


Nope, I'm talking about my good friend Wrap Around Curl.

You see, back in July, Wrap put her fandom up on the block. She lost her beloved Vancouver Canucks in a break up and was looking for something new, something exciting. She was ready to turn the page.

That's where the Toronto Maple Leafs came into the equation. I mean, who in their right mind wouldn't want to be a Leafs fan? We've got it all, including an eventual Stanley Cup (read: Brian Burke).

But let me tell you, the wooing process was a lengthy one. I'm talking roses, candy, alcohol, ponies, muffins, unicorns, teddy bears, puppies; you name it. Many a sweet nothings were whispered into Wrap's ear.

In the end, she was worth it. All of it.

Wrap was supposed to deliver a "grand declaration." In fact, I'm still waiting for it. So I'm going to go ahead and do my girl a solid, and declare this one for her.

You see, there's a certain studly defenceman that Wrap is watching with her beloved NHL Center Ice Package. One who makes her panties drop with only the snap of his fingers. One who sealed the deal.

Thank you, Luke Schenn. You were our secret weapon.

The search is over my friends. The Toronto Maple Leafs are Wrap's new team. We, the Toronto Maple Leafs blogosphere Barilkosphere, are victorious. Winner, by unanimous decision.

Wrap, make it official in the comments section. You know it's all you have left to do.

And welcome to Leafs Nation, honey. It'll be a bumpy ride, but those are the best kind, if you know what I'm saying.

7 comments:

showcase29 said...

that pic is awesome

Chemmy said...

As if it were ever in question.

blurr1974 said...

Phew...I was getting worried, what with me being a fan of hers on Stalkerbook. A little reciprocation is nice...

Welcome to the family Wrap!

Loser Domi said...

Wrap, I adore you honey. Now let's trap us some hot defencermen...and pretty pretty goalies...aw hell,throw in the forwards as well

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the nation. Showcase said it, that is an awesome pic.

wrap around curl said...

Ok ok!


Hi I am Wrap and I am a Leafs fan.

Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf) said...

We're going to need a little more enthusiasm than that, honey.