December 22, 2008

Seriously?

Greetings from Mother India. Let me get straight to the point. The Raptors lost to the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday. Wait, what? Seriously? The 2-24 Oklahoma City Thunder?

Can this please be confirmed? Because I don't believe the box score. Someone is obviously fucking with me, or the internet, out here in the GNDA (Greater New Delhi Area, yo). Losing 91-83 to Oklahoma City simply cannot be possible. I didn't even know Oklahoma City had an NBA team.

Jesus Christ. You know what this means, don't you? The Toronto Craptors are no longer extinct.

Full disclosure: I had a dream the Raptors re-acquired Vince Carter.

Really full disclosure: It was a wet dream. I'm at the point where I'd be all over VC's return, like a fat Indian kid on a chicken kathi roll from Khan Chacha.

5 comments:

mf37 said...

Surpised you went with chicken kathi over Ladoo...

The raptors seem to have fallen off the sports radar here, other than lots of second guessing on the Bargnani draft and the "fun" chatter about whether the Raptors need to blow it up and trade Bosh...

Culinarian said...

is that a picture of Winse?

and pls elaborate on this KATHI you speak of

Anonymous said...

I still think the raps will make the playoffs, where we'll likely be fodder for someone like Boston (I hate those guys). I think I'd almost rather have the Lakers win instead of them.

The worst thing about this is that, optimist that I am, I think the Jays might have a better shot at things than any T.O. sports teams right now (well, maybe TFC).

Is it even worth writing about the Yankees and Tex? What else can you add that hasn't been said already?

Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf) said...

@ MF: Trust me, I've had my fair share of ladoo and gulab jamun. My teeth hurt from all the sweets. I can literally feel myself getting fatter.

I'm about ready to turn the corner and declare Bargnani a mistake. I'll give him about another month.

Trade Bosh? Oh dear. I guess BryCo has to explore his options, otherwise we lose the guy for nothing in 2010. Man, did the Raptors ever fall fast.

@ Culinarian: Bro, I think that is Winse. And the kathi roll was pretty bad-ass. Tender chicken with chutney wrapped in a soft naan. This place, Khan Chacha (Uncle), is renowned in Delhi. One day we'll hit it up.

@ Escaped: I'm beginning to think the Raps are not a playoff team. That's it, that's all. I'd rather not make the playoffs than get absolutely spanked by Garnett and Co.

I too am quietly optimistic about the Jays. Over the last 3 years, expectations have been high, and we've sucked. This time expectations are crazy low. Perhaps that will work in our favor.

And I just saw the news about Tex. Unbelievable, man. Fucking Yankees.

Anonymous said...

love your blog bud
pops